Had a little chat to a nice man

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
I am heavily involved with a large camp site 40% wooded 40 % camping and 20 % heathland been talking to the site manager about possibility of a moot at this campsite which he hasnt dismissed rather he wants to no more info only problem forseen is that its on a sandy base with underlying peat so no ground fires but raised fires on alters isnt a problem plenty of fallen wood available for resource would the lack of ground fires cause a problem ?
what other moot activites could cause a problem suggestions please i need to liase more?

thanks for the anticapted in put
If this goes ahead it will be middle of the country off season?

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
I don't see the lack of ground fires being a problem. At Ashdown we had only one communal fire anyway. Would it be possible for a fire to sit on a platform of logs or in a brazier or something similar? Anyone?

Best wishes

Bruce

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
"the middle of the country" is pretty vague - I mean, I can make it if it's within 10 miles of a railway station, but in the middle of nowhere people will have have to drive there, which excludes me for one.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
thailand3654 said:
what other moot activites could cause a problem suggestions please i need to liase more?

I think if there is anything they don't want then it will be no problem to refrain for the weekend.

You should focus on the fact that they will hardly know we were there by the end of the weekend rather than what will cause a problem.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
thats what i was thinking he is going to drop in next week and take a gander for him self the camp site is 250 acres mixed woodland and heath a little flood plain and camp spots aswell he is wanting to venture out a bit more would be good to play as the site is also north midlands..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE