Gutted..Are all Landies "sheds"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Just been Landy hunting and went to see one 12 miles away 110 2.5TD with power steering full roofrack and ladder lady owner 1st to see will buy £3295.

Well I WAS the first to see, and when I'd seen it had a knackered bulkhead, rotten doors, no floorpan(driver and passenger side) roofrack and ladder home made from Iron Bars and a really bad leaking transmission..I'd seen enough. This is the second "VGC" landy we've travelled out of the city to see, are we just wasting our time looking at little rotting tin boxes on wheels, or are there any decent ones to be had ?? :-(

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
There are a lot of sheds ... you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you get a good one!

Boy, when I was landy hunting I saw some sheds too!

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
The problem with them maddave is that they are highly desirable items and sheds can (and do) go for the same money as good ones because the cash burns holes in the pockets of those who want one. It's an age-old problem. I remember the same thing with Minis and VW Beetles a few years ago. Scrappers and good vehicles were fetching similar money just because people were over-excited and only saw what they wanted to and bought on impulse. It's good to see sheds and scrappers because you'll then know when you see the right one! Also, you learn what goes wrong with them. Take your time with the scrappers and get a feel for the problems. Test drive them too. If pressed to "impulse buy" just say you've got one more to see "up the road" ... :wink:

There are good vehicles out there - you will find the right landy for you!

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Keep looking Dave and always be prepaired to walk away if you don't like what you see, there are a lot of landy's out there, the one you want is out there somewhere. The Land Rover magazine shows are coming up in the next few months, they can be worth a look.

As for sheds, I did use the hard top off a series 3 as a woodstore for a while!

Good luck with the searching.

Dave

gurushaun

Forager
Sep 12, 2003
Modbury, Devon/Cannock Staffs
Hi Dave

Try www.witham-sv.com, they have part of the MOD disposal contract at the moment. Or if you fancy an auction www.brightwells.com which is where we pick up most of our sales motors from. The publish an upcoming online catalogue, and the have past catalogues on line too so you can get an idea as to whats been going through at what prices. A lot of ex council and waterboard stuff goes through there.

I hope you strike lucky soon :-D

Cheers

Shaun

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
I would try the auto-trader website Dave.

Keep an eye on it and you will find that adverts go on there days before the paper comes out.

We got our 90 from Gloucestershire. We went to look at it a few days after we saw it on the internet, the morning that the photographer came to take a picture.

You may have to walk away from a lot before you get the one you want.

Alternatively, I have been thinking about getting my next one from Oz - after seeing loads of rust free vehicles earlier this month when I was over there (even a Series 1).

I reckon that if the price difference is enough (and you throw your annual holiday into the pot) you should be able to ship one from Oz to the US (or go through South America into the US if you are feeling up for it) then drive accross and ship on to the UK.

If you fancy a more hassle/daring version, ship and drive it the other way and come up through asia. :-D

Well you are called "Mad Dave" :0:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE