Grohmann Resinwood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Recently I've been looking again at Grohmann knives. After years of drooling over them I bought a slightly modified boat knife from Gary on this forum (and I'm very happy with it. Thanks again, Gary) and now my gaze has returned to the Original model, which is the one with the rather unique profile and curved cutting edge. Grohmann kindly sent along a catalogue which lists several options for handle material in addition to the standard rosewood.

One of the options is called "Xtra Resinwood," which is "..made from layers of natural hardwoods impregnated with resin." It's particularly mentioned as being water resistant. Well, the handles looked nice so I enquired about getting a flat grind carbon steel knife with a resinwood handle, and the reply came back telling me that they do not make carbon blades with resinwood handles because it is a safety hazard. Fair enough, I'll be happy with the rosewood, but does anyone know what makes this particular combination of materials dangerous?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE