Greetings from Melbourne Australia.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bartnmax

May 28, 2012
Melbourne Australia
Hi there all.

Ok, thought I should introduce myself prior to posting in the forum.
So, name's Bill Allen & I live in the sth western suburbs of Melbourne in the sunny state of Vicotira.
I'm a mechanic by profession, although I'm now 'off the tools' & working in admin for a major truck component manufacturer. I have also worked within the AQmbulance industry in the past.
I also run a small biz at home servicing/reapiring outboard motors & fishing reels.
Hopefully I might also be able to get into a bit of knife making in the not-too-distant future.

Interest's? Well I'm basically a hunter & fisherman.
Grew up fishing on the waters of Port Phillip Bay for snapper & whiting & have progressed into the game fishing scene now. Also love a spot of fresh water fishing & greatly enjoy a spot of fly fishing for trout in our magnifivent 'High Country' rivers & streams.

Hunting wise I enjoy a fairly wide variety. Everything from chasing our native stubble quail, chukkar partridge, pheasant, rabbit, hare, duck, to even the mighty Sambar Deer that inhabit the high country forrests.
I hunt with, breed, & compete with my gundogs which are Brittanys (or to give them their correct French name - Epagneuls Bretons).

I'm also a member of the Bushcraft OZ society as well as being an active black poweder hunter (use a Peddersoli 54cal Hawken rifle).

I 'spose I've always been into bushcraft, even as a young lad growing up on my Grandparents farm in the west of outr state. Over recxent years I've slowly been expanding my knowledge of bushcraft.
I'm a qualified off road driving instructor, having worked for a goodly part of my life as a Land Rover mechanic, & have also attended a survival course run by our own Les Hiddens.

Some of my fav' 'bushcrafters' include Les Hiddens, Ray Mears, Les Stroud, Mors Kochinsky, Lofty Wiseman, Dave Canterbury, & Cody Lundin. There's others there also but these lists can get a bit long.

Speaking of which I'm getting a bit long winded with this into so I'll wrap up by sayig that I'm looking forward to learning a bit more from you all & I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here.

By all means feel free to thrown me any PMs you may have or ask any questions of me you'd like.

Catch y'all soon.

Bill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE