Great outdoors superstore in York

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Interesting to hear that a "great outdoors superstore" is now opening at Clifton moor in York. This is after a "go outdoors" opened it's doors recently in the center of York. Blacks and Millets demise doesn't seem to be symptomatic of the larger end of the outdoor goods market.

I'd never heard of "great outdoors" before but it just looks like blacks to me if you check out what they sell...

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
They've got a website too although if you're only buying bits & bobs the delivery charges can be a bit steep (or maybe I'm just a tightwad).

They do have some reasonable bargains but not always as fantastic as they make them out to be. The RRP can seem quite misleading and I have quite often found exactly the same stuff cheaper elsewhere, online in particular.

In saying that, I bought our big family tent there and their range tents to be consistent so if you're looking for add-ons on spares they can be quite handy. Their bargain buckets are worth a rumage too as last year I got my wife a new pair of rock climbing boots from a well known manufacturer for £16 rather than £70+ quid that I saw elsewhere.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE