Grayswood Ghost

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
While out drawing this morning I found and collected some bark form "Betula vtilis var jacquemontii" or "Grayswood Ghost" to use as tinder. One of the reasons for my post is because this was collected in the city center, the site of the Rotten Row Gardens in Glasgow to be precise. I constantly amaze myself (and those that are with me) with the wealth of, "the nature" that is in our towns and cities, I regularly collect willow from the banks of the Clyde at the Gorbals. What do you see or collect in the urban environment? And , do you class yourself as an urban bushcrafter?
jon

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
While out drawing this morning I found and collected some bark form "Betula vtilis var jacquemontii" or "Grayswood Ghost" to use as tinder. One of the reasons for my post is because this was collected in the city center, the site of the Rotten Row Gardens in Glasgow to be precise. I constantly amaze myself (and those that are with me) with the wealth of, "the nature" that is in our towns and cities, I regularly collect willow from the banks of the Clyde at the Gorbals. What do you see or collect in the urban environment? And , do you class yourself as an urban bushcrafter?
jon

My local B&Q has silver birch growing in the car park, not far from there I can pick apples, blackberries, sloe hazel/cobb nuts.
In the middle of Bristol Town (if you know where to look) you can pick wild figs, pinenuts, and apples. The City council planted quite a few exotic trees in the parks, and greens of the city, never dreaming that such decorative plants would quite literally bear fruit

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE