Gransfors Bruks Mini Hatchet - review (2009 - 2014)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I gave mine to my nephew. I thought I liked it initially but eventually found that t didn't have enough weight in the head to be effective as a hatchet and didn't have a long enough blade to be a knife. Beautifully made and, in that respect, worth every penny but, in my opinion, it's an earring of a cutting tool.

PiterM

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2009
Poland
Thanks for your comments!

Let me add that I use this small axe as my EDC tool for short trips (1-3 days). For longer stays I usually bring my Scandinavian Forset Axe (large). But anyway, this small hatchet is MUCH better chopper than my friend's 10" bladed chopper knife made of 0.22" thick steel. And it's also much lighter than the knife I mentionned. So for a walk into the wood my Mighty Mini and large Sebenza in my pocket is all I really need.

BTW, I drilled mine and attached a small lanyard to be able to hang it on a tree during camp work, out of reach of my (and my friedns') kids :D

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi.
What can I add to the above!
Its a great little axe that fills lots of gaps. Its a quality tool and worth every penny!
Yep I love mine and take it on all my trips out because its so convenient to carry and use.
I love the photos and review too!
Cheers

Haggis

Nomad
I've been eyeing a Mini for a long time. I have a Wildlife Hatchet and it's great, so great I can't come up with a valid reason to downsize it for a Mini. I'm not a big fellow, but having a largish frame and at 6 feet and 2 inches the Mini in my big hands simply feels too small to actually use. I suppose I'll have got get one at some point, simply to have done with it, but until then, my Wildlife Hatchet will do nicely.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE