For Sale Grand Seiko SBGA041 titanium spring drive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
1. ITEM: Grand Seiko SBGA041 titanium case and bracelet, spring drive movement
2. CONDITION: It's been keeping to a very steady 0.25 seconds fast per day, which is just phenomenal. The date changes (which I've covered in the video) just before midnight and the winding is smooth - you can just about hear the sound of the winding over the building work (keep your hands near the volume control when watching the video!) This has wear marks and some scratches to the case, bezel and bracelet as is to be expected from a wearer. I have made a video to show all the marks - photos never capture as much as videos do, so please take the time to view the video in its entirety and shoot me a PM if you want details on anything in particular. Serial number indicates it is from 2015.
3. EXTRAS: This comes with its box, operating instructions booklet (pretty scuffed as you can see in the photo) and inside that is a Seiko Premium Card which has the watch's details on it and the dealer's stamp. Currently fitted to my 17cm wrist, and comes with two full size and one half size link.
4. LOCATION: London, UK
5. PRICE: £2800 via BT/cash face to face, although courier delivery can be arranged (although it'll be pricey as RMSD does not cover this value). No trades please.
6. DESCRIPTION: It's a stonkingly good piece. The titanium means it is absolutely delightful on wrist and is barely noticeable if you can get the bracelet fit right. The quality of the thing jumps out due to those gorgeously finished indices and that lovely polish on the sides of the case and bezel. The lume is nothing special, but helps a little in low light, and the hands can sometimes be a little hard to read due to the similarity between the hour and minutes hands. The seconds hand though...they know what they're doing with that, as the tip is slightly differently polished, which means it always catches the light. The applied markers are gorgeous, and watching the seconds hand glide over them and be reflected in the markers is something that needs to be seen.
7. PICTURES:
Video link here (if it doesn't embed, which it seems not to always for some reason, copy and paste this into your browser's web address bar: vimeo.com/289726254

I've included some macro shots of the dial to show off those ludicrously detailed applied markers and gorgeously-brushed hands.

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

20181003_181350.jpg

Last edited:

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I like Seikos in general, damn good quality and unpretentious, the Grand Seiko at the top of the range is something to die for, alas I have too many debts already to take on more.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I like Seikos in general, damn good quality and unpretentious, the Grand Seiko at the top of the range is something to die for, alas I have too many debts already to take on more.
Indeed - a great stealth piece, and absurdly high quality (well above the Omega and Rolex I've owned in terms of finishing). Also a big fan of Seiko, have four at the total opposite end of the spectrum to this GS and they're lovely things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE