Good prices on Snugpak- but where to buy a sabre?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
These company seems to have good prices on some kit - ordered a Snugpak softie 6 sleeping bag for £65.60 including delivery. The website also lists the Karrimor Sabre 45 rucsac (new one pictured) at £60.00 (not bad when other places sell it for £90.00....) but unfortunately none in stock. Rats!

http://www.the-outdoorshop.com/html/shop_frameset.htm

I've no connection except as a customer.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Doc.

If you live near an old Karrimor shop they may have Sabres. In Cambridge last weekend they had several left all at half price. For those who haven't seen, Karrimor shops have gone bust and are flogging all remaining stock at 50% off. Most of the good stuff is gone but some of the less in demand stuff (eg. olive green) is still available. It's all on first come first served basis and the staff look a bit bored of constant questions and the fact that they don't know if they will have a job next week.

All that said if you can get to a shop it's still worth a look. Or ask here if someone lives near and could go for you? I was only visiting Cambridge last weekend.

Bill

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Thanks for that. There is (was?) a karrimor place in Stirling so I'll check it out. Also wondering about the less good but very cheap Highlander 44 rucksack as an alternative. Not so expandable though.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
popped it to karrimor shop in stirling last week to see if they had any sabre sacks. Helpful assistant advised that there were none in stock but phoned karrimor hq to check on price/availability for me and gave me web address for karrimor.

They were not getting any more in stock though.

JFW

James Popham

Dec 25, 2003
Central Croatia
Doc, best deal i could find was the manufacturers "POLICE RESOURCES INTERNATIONAL LTD" apparently they make them and use Karrimors name, something to do with having a "Special forces liscence"?
www.karrimor-sf.com
or call them on 01392 444700
They're based in Devon, i found out about them on a post on this site somewhere - thinks it was £58 for the 45 and £28 for the side pockets with next day delivery
Very nice people, worth doing business with.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE