goldpanning

F

ferreter

hi i was having a clear out in a cupboard an came across a goldpan i bought about 10 years ago,has any one else tried panning for gold in scotland i never found much,

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Doc does this I believe :approve: and I know my husband and sons had a go up the lead hills years back. Came home with three tiny wee specks they assured me was gold :D

cheers,
Toddy

F

ferreter

aye it was the leadhills i went to if any one wants to know more about panning in scotland theres a cracking wee book called at the end of the rainbow gold in scotland by F S ADAMSON .cheers stuart

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I might well have a look for that one :D HWMBLT likes a good walk for something interesting :cool:

Come to think of it, Dharma has some gold that she found near Tyndrum. She doesn't log on regularly but pops in when she can.
Maybe pm her so she sees the thread.

cheers,
Toddy

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
I go panning a couple of times a year to leadhills area , must admit its good fun and a great way of clearing the mind . Any gold I have found up to now has been microscopic but I live in hope :eek:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
This is just up the road from me, I've done it but it never made me rich.

Panning rarely made anybody rich - as far as I know, it was only ever really a prospecting technique, used to decide where it was worth staking a claim and investing the effort to build a sluice box.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE