Girl alone in an alpine winter gale...on a mountaintop...in a hammock

Well there isn't that much snow but there is still adventure to be had

Night time ascent of Staffel and toughing out a winter gale in my hammock. Best EVER setup for high winds.

Oh and a bit of flute playing too.

[video=youtube_share;1tr9lyvsla0]http://youtu.be/1tr9lyvsla0[/video]

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Excellent vid Susanne. I particularly liked the way you used the Tarp. I've never seen that done before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice video. I'm intrigued by your tarp set up. Do you have any pics? Also like the poncho instead of a sleeping bag. Not a huge fan of sleeping bags. Please dont take this the wrong way but what else do you wear when using the poncho? Do you get get away with sleeping in base layers or do you have to wear additional clothing?

Orric

Nice video. I'm intrigued by your tarp set up. Do you have any pics? Also like the poncho instead of a sleeping bag. Not a huge fan of sleeping bags. Please dont take this the wrong way but what else do you wear when using the poncho? Do you get get away with sleeping in base layers or do you have to wear additional clothing?

Orric

Hey Orric,
Thanks man. I like making those little vids.
I didn't take any pics but basically I just clipped the tarp to my ridgeline and set up that little draw string to pull it tight.

In the winter I tend to keep my clothes on under the poncho but, and its a big but, that works because I don't wear anythin under the Buffalo jacket and that is mega breathable so I am not damp.

I like to have my clothes on and my boots nearby because I may get up to sort out the fire or whatever. Particularly when I am guiding and may need to be up in a hurry.

In the summer/fall if I am not wearing the buffalo then I have a spare (dry) base layer shirt which I sleep in. Plenty warm with that poncho. It is remarkably warm. Basically fine for me down to 30sF / 0c before needing more than my base layer. (Given wind break and proper insulation from the ground, properly fed & hydrated, etc)

:)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE