Gardening help

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
With the weather we've been having the dreaded bramble has rocketed and is growing through my hedges and trees and from next door. Is there anything that will kill the brambles but not the surrounding plants and trees etc!???

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
From many years of experience: If you have bramble that's mature enough to do what you describe, anything you can effectively spray it with is gonna wipe out all that is near it - and you'd need a license to buy such stuff..................You're gonna have to go at it by hand, gauntlets, billhook and slasher, and grub the lot out ...it's the only way, and it isn't all done in one year, either!

Your neighbours should be happy to do their bit at the same time as you do it, or if not then they are morally obliged to allow you access to get the job done, I'm afraid it's one of those jobs that has to be faced head-on.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but it actually isn't as bad as it seems once you decide on it, set aside the time, and then "Git-R-Dun"!....................atb mac

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Cheers mac yep it's pretty much what I thought I was hoping for a magic pill/potion that could be sprayed on and voila but alas I'm going to have to get in there and grub them out......😕

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very good, Ged! So good in fact that I'm gonna head for the sloe gin!............................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE