fungi to be with!

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
came across a field today with several thousand in it,so many infact that on first glance we thaught they were seagulls!can anyonr confirm if theyre eaters?

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005-1.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

are they edible field mushrooms? theyre big maybe horse mushrooms?,the gills range from normal shop baughts to salmon colour,for scale the knife is a opinel No7.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The bottom ones may be puffballs, but it is really difficult to see in the photos. If you brought a few samples back with you, you could do a lot worse than to go to Rogers Mushrooms and use the online guide. Remember, it is just that, a guide. If you cannot 100% ID the 'shroom, I suggest you do not eat a single piece.

Failing that, maybe there is somebody in your area who could meet up with you and help you ID them. Try looking for a Mycological society or similar.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I $orry I cant say what they are from your photos but I don't think they are edible at all. The dark umbonate in the centre sugest it is an inocybe, the gill colour would sugest that too. Also it looks like a ploughed field so parasols and the agarics are out the question as the feilds they grow in are pasture, that is rich in animal poo, and is not disturbed.

The bottom picture looks like white lumps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE