FTGH: Knitting Machine

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have an Empisal Knitmaster 321 knitting machine that my Mum bought, probably in the mid-1970s. She used it a fair bit, but it wouldn't have been over-used and, as far as I can tell, it is in full working order. If anyone is interested in having it then I can check it out. It has punch cards for doing patterns, there is a wool winder and I have several skeins of wool - colours aren't great but they may be useful for practising. I can't find the manual at the moment, though I thought I had it - although I see that you can get copies of the manual on CD from ebay.

I've had a go at selling it, without any response, so I'm happy to give it away for free if someone can make use of it. The only thing is that it is a fairly big, heavy item so I'm not sure how feasible it is to send by post. If I was to post it, then I would want the recipient to pay postage costs.

I'm in Oxfordshire, so an alternative would be for someone to collect it. I'm not going to the Summer Moot, but if the recipient is going then there may be someone passing Oxford who could take it along for them.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Geoff, why don't you hang on to the wool and use it for net making practice?

Eric

What a good idea. The voice of wisdom speaks again (and that is meant as a compliment, I'm not being sarcastic). :You_Rock_

No offence to any of the other respected posters in this forum, but if I had to pick two people to ask for advice I'd choose :notworthy Toddy and :notworthy Eric. May they both live long and prosper.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have now managed to give this away. One of my neighbours does home knitting and her machine has just packed up, so at least I know it will be used.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE