FS - Hand Forged 'C-Striker'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Well would you believe it? It takes me months to get round to making strikers.....And I make two within a fortnight!

My latest offering (and probably the last for a couple of weeks at least!) is a hand forged 'C' shaped striker, forged from 0-1 carbon steel, quenched, normalised and quenched again. As with my last striker, and in line with my current craze for finishing my items with a semi-polished look, I have given the striker once over resulting in the effect you see in the photos below. The only thin I will mention about this particular striker, is the presence of a hairline crack running along the striker on one side, running parallel to the curvature of the striker, indicating possibly a little over zealous/rapid cooling on my part with the water quench. I've tested the striker and it the crack does not seem to impair the striker, but the price is reduced on account of this.

£10 to your door by Paypal please!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE