FS - Flint & Steel Strikers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
After a flurry of activity last weekend, I find myself over-prescribed with traditional strikers as everyone appears to be going crazy over my new dragon profile or 'Dragún' strikers. Despite this, I still have a few traditional strikers available for those looking for an addition to their firelighting kit, or those who wish to begin to assemble a kit. As with all of my strikers, the total cost also includes two pieces of flint, charcloth, birch polypore and recorded postage. Seeing as I'm also beginning to get to grips with leather and the sewing machine, I can add a small denim pouch for an additional £2 or a dark brown nubuck pouch for £5, both of which have a paracord drawstring. Here's a photo of the contents of a typical kit, this one also shows the small denim pouches that I've started to make (nubuck pouches are similar in size)

imgp2970.jpg

As with last weeks offerings, the steel used to make these strikers are from the same batch. A light blow or tap against my usual flint resulted in a swathe of sparks which should light charcloth, amadou or any other suitable tinder with great ease.

numbersm.jpg

Dimensions for the hand-hold and prices are as follows;
1- 97mm x 15mm £12
2- 85mm x 35mm £12
3- 90mm x 20mm £10
4- 76mm x 17mm £10

Please message me if you're interested in any of the above, and we can take it from there.:)

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
steel1.jpg

We were having a practice last night with both steels we got from you, no action shots, but both worked very well, Joe is pretty pleased with his.... thanks again.

joe_steel1.jpg

WolfCub

Forager
Aug 6, 2008
Bucks
Ordered up two of these.

Used them at a Cubs sleepover this weekend. Not expecting my skill level with them to achieve much. I was comparing various firelighting methods and said how tricky this one could be ... blah... blah...

... when my thumb got a tad warm and I realised the excellent charcloth supplied had already caught a spark:campfire: !

the Cubs were well impressed !

So am I , excellent bit of kit:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE