FS: "Fitzi" Swiss Forest Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
One traditional swiss forest axe, made by Fitzi in switzerland, as distributed by Dick in germany, purveyor of fine tools.

2972009008.jpg

I bought this one as an addition to my favourite , GB`s Large Forest Axe (pictured for comparison).
But, unfortunately, its to heavy for me and since my hands wont get better, it has to go.

Here is the link to the axe:
http://www.dick.biz/dick/product/706067/detail.jsf

2972009015.jpg

2972009011.jpg

2972009013.jpg

2972009012.jpg

Contrary to the one described by Dick, mine has a head weight of 1100gr, the handle is ca 77cm long.The lenght of cutting edge is ca 16,5cm. Total weight is ca 1580gr.
As you can see, the handle is not wedged, but fitted the traditional way by inserting it into the tapered eye from the front.
The axe has never been used.
The head has been soaked in a mixture of boiled linseed oil and Balsam oil of turpentine for about a week, as is standard procedure with all my axes. Thats why the wood around it looks so yellow. The handle is whitish because of being ash and new, it will darken as well, when used outside for a longer period.
Its a far too nice tool only to hang on a wall, so it must go.

GBP 85,00 delivered to the UK as an insured/registered parcel.
Paypal or Bank transfer, as you like it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE