Fruit bottling by microwave breakthough.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
found out how to do it using standard jamjars and the microwave. I can now preserve as much as I please!

you make up a standard syrup (1/4 cup granulated sugar to 1 cup water, boil it to dissolve, you may use other sweetening agents) let cool, pour over jarful of fruit until just full, put on lid and microwave for 2 mins on high.

make sure jar is central on turntable to prevent arching on lid. (or mask with plastic)

take out, and leave to cool on a nonconductive surface (othwise jar may break) and see if lid depresses. (when the seal button doesnt depress its gone) wash off and label.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
found out how to do it using standard jamjars and the microwave. I can now preserve as much as I please!

you make up a standard syrup (1/4 cup granulated sugar to 1 cup water, boil it to dissolve, you may use other sweetening agents) let cool, pour over jarful of fruit until just full, put on lid and microwave for 2 mins on high.

make sure jar is central on turntable to prevent arching on lid. (or mask with plastic)

take out, and leave to cool on a nonconductive surface (othwise jar may break) and see if lid depresses. (when the seal button doesnt depress its gone) wash off and label.

sound like a reciepe for exploding microwaves

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i still remember the confused look on my wifes face reheating some food from her mums. "why's it doing that lightning thing?" she asked.
turns out the plate was gold rimmed. not anymore...

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
metal in microwaves is ok, providing that it is not the only thing, there is a ratio, where metal must not have edges or make up more that X percent of the food content, and that the metal must be fully in contact with the food . So a jar full of food is ok, but an half empty jar less so.

It's one of those things that it is easier to say "Don't do", rather than say only do if...
Like sayin all of the Yew plant being deadly, when it is not.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE