From Feather to Pan – warning meat prep graphic

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
In my youth I would kill, pluck and gut around 200 birds over three days at Christmas, mostly turkeys. But I can’t stand the job now so these six have been skinned.

They’ll rest in the fridge for a few days then four of them will go in the freezer.

I have a load of recipes for duck but I’d be interested in your ideas (remember, they’re skinned).

ducks - feathered.jpg

ducks - skinned.jpg

Reactions: Janne

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
In my youth I would kill, pluck and gut around 200 birds over three days at Christmas, mostly turkeys. But I can’t stand the job now so these six have been skinned.

They’ll rest in the fridge for a few days then four of them will go in the freezer.

I have a load of recipes for duck but I’d be interested in your ideas (remember, they’re skinned).

Confit the lot!!!!
Recipes for that are everywhere!!

Reactions: Robson Valley

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Just enjoyed slow-cooked (4 and a half hours) with stock, sherry, Seville marmalade, orange zest and garlic - really quite fantastic. The slightly gamey flavour of wild mallard contrasts well with the sweet and citrus flavours.

That's two down :)

I will try confit of duck and probably a red wine casserole (Mmm.... have to get more duck :))

Reactions: Janne

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I've done wine braised Canada goose. These would go just as well. Look forward to it.
2 year-old plum sauce will be on the side.

We are required by law to use non-toxic shot for migratory waterfowl of all kinds.
Steel shot is the most economical.
Then we use a carpenter's magnetic stud finder (for finding hidden nails) to scan the birds for shot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE