Frogs finally!!

Clark

Forager
Jul 18, 2007
Aberdeen
I know it's not really that wild but i'm still chuffed and have to tell someone, anyone.
I always kept newts and tadpoles as a young un but never really did the tadpoles develop into anything else. These were always kept in a tank or a bucket kinda thing so not too unexpected they didn't develop. So anyways... I decided this year to construct a pond, i had some frogspawn and planted up the pond and it has flourished. To my amazement there is now hundreds of little froglets hopping about my garden. Only discovered them after cutting the grass so theres probably less now. They get everywhere, hope this is a good sign for future generations.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A couple of years back the summer was quite dry and all my baby frogs stayed in the pond until a big shower late summer. When I came home I had frogs everywhere. I think a couple of thousand.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Don't want to dampen your spirits but as a keen herpetologist Ihave read several publications on extensive studies that seem to suggest otherwise and I am afraid that due to environmental changes the world's amphibian population is showing a slow but sure decline :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE