Free Leather!!!

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I was in a local Argos Extra today (it is Christmas, after all), and whilst standing in the queue, like any other dumb capitalist consumer, I noticed the furnishing section and how they had free fabric and leather samples.
So I went over to have a look, and sure enough, they had a display with loads of free swatches of leather and fabric. Each about 14cm x 11cm. So I grabbed a few of different colours, with the intent of making a patch-work leather pouch.
So, if you have an Argos Extra near you, have a look and see if they also have one of these displays.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
My Scout Troop got a whole book of out of date swatches from a local furniture store you try your local furniture store

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yes, afterwards I thought that any furniture showroom will almost certainly have free fabric/leather samples.
Another cheap (but not free) way of getting leather/suede is to buy a cushion cover. These can be got for just a couple of quid and contain enough leather/suede to make two or three good-sized pouches.

I was in a local Argos Extra today (it is Christmas, after all), and whilst standing in the queue, like any other dumb capitalist consumer, I noticed the furnishing section and how they had free fabric and leather samples.
So I went over to have a look, and sure enough, they had a display with loads of free swatches of leather and fabric. Each about 14cm x 11cm. So I grabbed a few of different colours, with the intent of making a patch-work leather pouch.
So, if you have an Argos Extra near you, have a look and see if they also have one of these displays.

I look forward to seeing the couch!

Dec 7, 2008
sussex/surrey
I was in the car breakers yard getting some bits for a Jaguar. Crouched in the rear of the car, I realised that the backs of the front seats were a great source of leather. Although the seats themselves were poor, the back panels were still pristine and I managed to cut a piece 30" x 18" very easily, plus nearly half that again because the seat had a map pouch on it. Good thick leather and great quality! I checked out a few other cars (rovers, BMW's etc.) and most of the leather back panels were in good condition.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE