Found a baby bird.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Not sure what it is, or what to do with it other than leave it as a snack for something bigger. What bird is it?

IMG_2657.jpegIMG_2656.jpeg

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
My guess is a chaffinch and it looks a bit small to have fledged. There is little you can do TBH. The parents may come and feed it if it's left alone, it may survive and not be taken by a cat or other predator, but it's not an easy task feeding a baby bird of that size. Despite my 'all life is sacred' view, I would leave it :(

Reactions: Macaroon

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My guess is a chaffinch and it looks a bit small to have fledged. There is little you can do TBH. The parents may come and feed it if it's left alone, it may survive and not be taken by a cat or other predator, but it's not an easy task feeding a baby bird of that size. Despite my 'all life is sacred' view, I would leave it :(
I did. Phoned the nearest bird rescue and sent the guy a pic just in case it was a rarity. But it’s been kicked out of the Scots Pine above and will become part of the cycle I’m afraid. The bird rescue is a good 30-40 min drive and I just can’t today as I have some family obligations.

Only spotted it because the dog was behaving strangely, I thought it was a cone at first. It’s in a very quiet bit of woodland and there’s a noisy parent about getting aggy with us being near.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE