Forged anvil near Liverpool

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Hi guys, not very bushy I know but I am aware that we have a few budding smiths on here. If I've broken any rules please remove.

I have an English forged anvil for sale near Liverpool.

I've owned this for about 5 years now, it is a perfect portable size at 1cwt 26lbs, ie approx 62.5kg. I posted a thread on iforgeiron trying to identify her but no joy, there is a makers stamp on the opposite side to the weight stamp, but it is too far gone to read. There is a "G" at the end though.

It measures 20" long 4.75" wide and 9.5" high. The face is in reasonable condition though there are blemishes and a couple of chips in the edges. I must point out that this anvil does not ring. I believe this is due to what looks like a pritchett hole being plugged. However it is still very useable and has served me very well over the years.

I am only selling as I found a bigger anvil and I simply do not have space for both so this must go.

image.jpg

image.jpg

As seen here the face is in reasonable condition, however near the heel some one has taken an oxy torch to it leaving damage on the very edge.
There is also some discolouration to the face just below and right of the hardy hole. This might be a repair I have no idea, but as said the anvil does not ring.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This shows the damaged edges
image.jpg

Overall this is not a perfect anvil, but it is very solid and has a lovely fat waist which I prefer. I have a soft spot for this anvil, It has years of service left and I'd like to see this go to a budding smith rather than become an ornament. I'm offering it here and on another forum first then I'll be putting it on eBay and gumtree.

Cash on Collection only from the wirral near Liverpool.

£120 - negotiable.

Cheers

Mar 28, 2015
Merseyside
Hi, i am a budding smith and have been looking for an anvil for bladesmithing, if it is still available what is the lowest price you can do, as i am a student and would collect in person and pay cash in hand, thanks :)

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
Hi, i am a budding smith and have been looking for an anvil for bladesmithing, if it is still available what is the lowest price you can do, as i am a student and would collect in person and pay cash in hand, thanks :)

I kinda think the postage would be a killer if you DIDNT collect.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE