Folding BBQ

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
If it was a bit smaller perhaps, but I think it looks kind of bulky to be useful in most situations. It would be fine if using a car as a base etc. Still looks like a handy piece of kit, if you like that sort of thing.

Cheers, Nag.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
What does it do that a normal hibachi doesnt?

(I think it may have the edge on lighting times, though)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I totally rate any barbecue that can be taken out with you and be brought back instead of littering the landscape with old rusty grills and tinfoil crap. i have a small barbie that looks like a metal briefcase. I've had many a barbecue in wierd and wonderful places and as the coals are all contained, there is very little risk of a fire as long as you tend the coals all the time and watch out for stray sparks.

This one looks very interesting. A bit bulky for a backpacking trip perhaps, but endless opportunities in the back of a vehicle or if you live in a very cold place, on the dog sled!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
What does it do that a normal hibachi doesnt?

(I think it may have the edge on lighting times, though)

Not a lot, but I like gadgets :)

I'm looking for a fold up BBQ after playing with one from Japan a couple of weeks ago. This one was all stainless steel, and folded up to about 12" square by 1.5" thick and came with a plastic carry case

You can just see it in this photo (the steaks were yummy), wish I had taken a daylight shot now

DSCF2736Small.jpg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ive got several of those cheap folding ones you see in various places

its nice and light, but I doubt would last more than a season of regular use,

You could, of course, use it as a pattern to make your own, thicker version.

--------

Faugh! I went looking for one like mine, but I couldnt find any

But I did find the one in the video.......
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOLDING-QUICK...ryZ16036QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE