Flue pipe for small gas bottle stove?

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have started on a small 7.5kg gas bottle stove but am a bit stuck on where to get some flue in a small diameter and light weight gauge steel?

I have seen flue sections for the Frontier stove but at £20 plus postage for each 400mm section it sort of defeats the object of making the stove from scrap items.

As the Frontier Flue is 60mm diameter I suppose this would be the sort of size pipe I would need. However, all the Steel tube I have seen in this size are normally 1.5mm thick for the walls which makes the Flue very top heavy for such a small stove that I plan to use in a Canvas tent.

So any idea of where to get some thin gauge mild or stainless steel tube or pipe in ~60mm diameter would be great?

Cheers,

Steve.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Never tried it, but how about some baked bean tins ? you could open both ends then cut a few slits one end to push it in to the next one & so on. Or maybe a bit easier to push together would be aluminium beer cans used the same way ??

Just an idea don't know if it would work in real life ?? But cheap !

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
The cans are a great idea as they can be stackable and easy to join:cool:.

Yep will get some pics up soon. I have cut the door and hinged it but that's all so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE