Floor sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Did I say floor? I meant flaw!! :rolleyes:

These three knives all have slight problems with them. All purely cosmetic issues that don't affect function but rather than strip them down, I have decided to offer them at a lower price than I would have if they were spot on to get them cleared and out of the way.

Blade by Aly in O1, handle in Honey Cotton Micarta with brass pins. - Sold

The micarta is nice and grippy but there is a slight nick in one scale. It'll sand out but I don't fancy doing it right now as I'm not sure how much sanding it would take...

Overall length - 199mm
Blade length - 83mm
Blade thickness - 3mm

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

No sheath.

--------------

Blade by Mick Spain, handle in Padauk Burl with Brass pins - £60

Quite a different blade as it's only 2mm thick. A heck of a slicer that would be quite at home in the kitchen, as well as the woods. Feather sticks ith this one is fun!

The flaw on this one is that the wood was purchased as stabilised, but it turns out it wasn't. The treatment was just a wood hardener rather than plasticising that makes it solid. This lead to part of one scale at the bolster losing some little bits so it's not a smooth curve. It is well sealed with epoxy and levelled off as best as I could! One of the small voids has filled with a white substance in the stabilising process. Must admit I was pretty damn annoyed with the wood!

Overall length - 238mm
Blade length - 120mm
Blade thickness - 2mm

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

No sheath.

--------------

Stainless 440C skinner with synthetic handle - £35

With this one I was playing around with using purely manmade items for the handle.

Main handle is G10 with Tufnol pins and Tufnol liners.
The flaw is that when I drilled the pins, I had the drill running too fast, causing the G10 to discolour.

I have included a sheath that I had kicking around that fits, but wasn't made for the knife.

Overall length - 170mm
Blade length - 65mm
Blade thickness - 3.5mm

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Hhhm, just remembered about the last one.

I'm not going to have chance to remove the old handle and start again so I'm going to have a fit and offer it for the cost of materials - £45!

Daft but it's nearly Christmas.... :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE