Flitz polishing paste suppliers

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Anyone know where I can get some Flitz - preferably the 150g tube from?

I've contacted Adams Direct but they're having problems with the supplier in the States so arn't expecting any in soon?

Thanks

Mark

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
What do you want the Flitz for? Polishing or stropping? Axminster has a number of compounds for use on strops, also compounds for polishing. Not Flitz though

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
The main European distributor is in Germany

FlitzEurope.de

But it is a trade only site ( you need a login/pass to order) and prices are trade ( i.e. nice an low :cry:).

You might try emailing them for a list of retailers. I think it is an American guy running it (Neil L. Shun?). Contact details are:

Flitz, Sport und Freizeit Artikel
- Herr Neil L. Shun -
Hans Holbein Str. 3B
DE - 69190 Walldorf
Telefon: 062271080
Telefax: 0622763422

E-Mail : Flitzeurope@aol.com

Or you could order it direct from the USA.

Flitz

Metal Polish Paste 150gr/5.29oz tube
Sub Total:
$19.99

Shipping (UK):
$12.00

Total:
$31.99/ £17.78

allow for VAT payable into UK (if the customs check that is)

$31.99 + 17.5% UK VAT (I don't think there is any duty on this type of product but you can check at customs and excise we site. It is not much if it is payable)

= $37.59/ £20.90 depending on duty?

Just some options.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
I eventually found another online supplier in Germany who had the 150gr size in stock on offer at €25/ £17.25. Unfortunately I asked about postage to the UK and they had a price of 18 euro just to ship from Germany to Uk :cry: . They said if I ordered over €120 in goods they would ship free but that much Flitz would last 500 years, or finding another product :?:

if you want details let me know.

Globetrotter.de which is the biggest outdoor store in Germany (some great products and prices BTW of stuff hard to get here) have the 50gm size for €12.95/£8.90 plus €9 euro P&P. But they have a minimum order to EU countries of €52 :cry:

I can find no online stockists in France.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thanks all,

Moonraker, I've emailed Germany. I'll let you know the answer.

I would get it from the States but my credit card isn't accepted over there for some reason - I've tried it before. :?:

I want it to put on a strop, I know I could contact Axminster but I was looking for Flitz in particular.

Cheers

Mark

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Hi Buckshot, I you are still looking, there is some available on eBay at cheap price. I noticed a thread on British Blades and just brought via Buy Now for £5.99 for a pack of stuff which is very cheap :)

item description of pack;

flitz metal polish sets consists of 1xtube 150 gram 2xtube 10 gram 1x100 ml metal polish 2xapplicator cloths 3xsmall nylon abrasive pads plus full instruction leaflet.

There is still 1 item left for bids only £2.19 right now although other bids went over £10. Maybe they will post some more. Not sure. Anyhow here is the link:

eBay - Flitz

GL

Simon

ps If you don't get it maybe I can let you have some from mine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE