Fishing on the isle of Arran?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Any good spots for a bit of fishing on Arran? - I'm doing a 3 week mapping exercise on there soon and will need the odd day off.

Either sea fishing or fly fishing.

Cheers

Andy

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
I,ve heard theres some good trout water off the road that runs through Arran, theres a reservoir I think.

phil

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Nice bit of camping just North of Sannox Bay - sea to your right and you can just see where a good sized burn runs into the Sound of Bute. Don't know about fish, but you won't find fresher, cleaner water anywhere else in the world :D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Most of the burns have brownies.

Lamlash specific tips:
The Monamore tends to get fished more than Benlister. Easy parking at the FC picnic area a half mile up the ross road.
There's a bait shop at the pier and boat hire too. The bay is sea loch sort of sheltered. Beach casting on the sandbanks at Cordon(good spot for digging cockles up too). You can cast off the rocks right along at Clauchlands point but mind you're out past the no take zone.

Never fished anywhere else on the island but seen some impressive salmon out the Lagg(Kilmory Water) down the south end and I know a popular spot in Brodick is down between the beach and golf course where all the burns come together and form a series of tidal channels. Apparently allsorts come swimming up there for a prowl around.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
cheers gents - much appreciated.

Will be going after a few brown trout I think. - I'm mapping Glen Sannox so no doubt I will come across something.

Cheers

Atb

Andy

AxeGrinder

Jun 13, 2012
wallasey
Hi... just wondering how you got on... I've seen two fisheries on the island, but they want £150/day!!!! I'm looking for something a little less exclusive ;o)

I'm planning a trip up there in August... would love to track down some trout

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I had a nibble and lost it. Didn't catch a thing. Lol.

There is a loch with fish in it though you have to walk a good mile or so to get there. Sorry but I can't for the life of me remember where it was or what it was called.

I bought a day permit for about £15

I think it was on the more south western side of the island. That's the best I can do sorry.

Good luck.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE