First little jaunt of 2013

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Hi guys

Decided that when I got up this morning I would Don the boots and jacket and go for a nice long walk for the day.. Didn't take any gear just me and the cold and christ it was freezing.. Anyway I left the house and the walk i wanted to do was just over 20 minutes drive away from my house so off I went.. When I got there and had locked the car up I set off over the little wooden gate and seeing how last time I was up there it was summer I was surprised to see just how much winter had changed this little piece of Tranquillity.. I carried on through the windy trails and bumped in too another gentleman walking he had a rucksack on and I could see he's roll mat and other things dangling off his rucksack so I asked him whether he was going out for the night or whether he had been out.. Anyway we got talking properly and he explained he had been out for the past three nights and kindly offered to show me where he had been staying.. When we got there it was a nice little opening in the middle of the wood on which his son was game keeper of all the land.. We carried on walking after that and he phoned his son to try to arrange to meet him for pick up I walked with him until we got back to the car park where he was being picked up and he introduced me to his son mark.. Mark and I spoke for a while and exchanged numbers and he told me ring him whenever I wanted to spend the night up there just so he knew I was there and obviously not to go shooting aha all in all I think my little walk turned out quite good plus I've found myself a nice little overnight stop off

Sorry if this story seemed to just ramble on guys but I'm not really the story telling sort but hope you enjoy

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
I was very pleased I'm aiming to just do a ruff weekend up there pretty soon and then I can figure out what bits of kit I need and the ones I don't necessarily need

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
Oh believe me I am gonna cherish it.. And the best part about it is the fact that you would never just stumble across it either so I'm very pleased.. Has anyone else got anything else like this very secluded.?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE