First go at a possibles pouch.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thought I’d finally have a go at one of these It’s made on the cheap as an experiment from an off cut of traded leather, a buckle from a laptop bag and bits out my making kit. The closure is a Sam brown type and I really like the way it works. Have to see if it loosens up over time though.

shaw011.jpg

shaw012.jpg

I’m sick of having things all over the place, and fancied having just the basic things I use day to day at work or home in one easy to reach place.
Didn’t want it to be too big or get in the way so its not got the more hardcore small kit - snares, fish kit, repair kit ect, that kind of thing lives in a baccy tin (emergency metal container with mirror) and is chucked in my trouser cargo pocket when out camping/walking.

Didn’t have the time for a proper wet formed type, so I sat down with some pictures of a pouch I had taken a while back and worked out a template based on the size of the bits I intended to carry, and tried to make most of it using one piece. Then had a long old think about the belt attachment, and went for a single dangler that swings out the way a little when sitting. There’s a few bits I’m not happy about, but It’ll do me alright I think.

So far it contains:-

SAK, DC3, Firesteel, Lighter (not in pic), inner tube.
First aid cuts kit (inc cotton wool, Painkillers, Lip salve)
Button compass, LED, whistle, Notebook and pencil.

shaw013.jpg

Hope you like.
Cheers, Addo :)

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
as its throwing it down with rain here now, it's put paid to me going out after a pigeon .... but this has given me a nice little idea for my day off! though I cant see it turning out looking as good as that

:(

cracking job!

Conrad81

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2010
Edinburgh
I like the design, very nicely done. I bet you can't wait to get out and field test that beauty. Think Ive just been inspired to try my hand at a leather project soon as, thanks.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks a lot for the comments, glad you like it.
Thinking of making a bamboo cased sewing kit like Soars, as Ive just enough room inside for one, and wanted the excuse to make another new thing.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks again dudes. Been on the belt all day today, while laying a wooden floor, and pottering about. Really chuffed with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE