First Bimble of 2013

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Went for the first bimble of 2013 with Hugo & Rockmonkey today and as per usual had a great time and it certainly was nice to be back out there again.

The day started off off all misty and damp and didn't really get much better as the day went on, but not being bothered about a bit of damp and mud, we bimbled off and enjoyed the countryside.

DSCN1539.jpg

DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1542.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

Some nice Jelly Ear

DSCN1545.jpg

Having climbed up the slope from the bottom path that we were on, to the top of the of the hill, we were greeted with a grand view over Sussex or not as the case may be.

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1549.jpg

still a few yards to go before we get to the top though

DSCN1550.jpg

nearly there

DSCN1551.jpg

looking back towards the slope we had just climbed, gives you an idea of the steepness - good fun though

DSCN1554.jpg

Back in the woods now and on an authorised mountain bike trail

DSCN1555.jpg

not a MB trail, but an animal trail down the ride

DSCN1557.jpg

out of the woods again now and heading towards the spot we call 32C

DSCN1559.jpg

DSCN1561.jpg

where it was time to get a brew on, we took out wood burning stoves this time out, i took my pocket stove, RM took his Hobo and Hugo took his Gas Burner (good man) as we did struggle to get a fire going, not really surprising considering the amount of rain we have had, still with a lot of coaxing, we got there, in the meantime Hugo had boiled the water for Tea on his gas burner:lmao:

DSCN1568.jpg

Having refreshed ourselves with a fresh brew and had a munch on some Sausage Rolls and Blueberry Muffins, we had a bit of fun with our catapults, RM used his Black-widow and i used my home made job with double theraband gold bands on, then it was time to move on to the next spot, which was only about ten minutes away, but it's one of our favourite spots.

DSCN1572.jpg

Hugo & RM set up their hammocks for a sit down and i didn't, as i didn't take my hammock today, so i busied myself by making a spoon out of some Beech, at about 15:30 we started to head back towards the cars.

Superb day out again, already looking forward to next week - same again chaps?

Last edited:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I know what u mean about the damp, I was battling with my hobo stove the over day

Aye, it was a bit problematic to be honest, but we got there in the end:), Hugo was happy too as he had the smell of woodsmoke in his nostrils:)

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
In the worlds of wallace and grommet, twas a Grand Day Out!
Great pic's as always mate, and it was worth getting the stove going, just for the smell!
I will pack some Pine cones from last years collection for next week!, get a proper fire going!
Already looking forward to next weeks bimble!

RM

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the good company and good banter chaps, a good day out, the spoon you made Kepis mate was a joint venture, Rockeys axe to rough it out, my hand made knife to whittle it into a spoon your hands to do the job. :lmao:
I'll finish it off by carving the bowl out later today, plus a little refining.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
you could tell it's been a couple of weeks since we last went out, your faces in the last photo are a picture of total confusion:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Not sure about Rockmonkey but I was thinking does my nail varnish clash with the colour of my tarp.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I was wondering why i only had one strap, and thinking, i'm not sure i should have trusted that last fart!:puppy_dog

RM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE