First attempt at somethng made fully from man made materials

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I want to have a go at making a full small backpack from something like 1000d material. So thought I would have a go at something smaller first.

For cadets my son has the Osprey commanders pouch, but it is a bit small, won't even take an A6 notebook. So thought I would try a small zipped top pouch.

The MTP material is actually part of an older heavier Goretex material trousers I had left over from another project (must have been massive, the material is folder in half in the picture. It will be lined with 1000d material to add a bit of strength.

Last picture is the front tacked up with glue, but I can't find the thread I have bought to do it (hoping the OH ha moved it)

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Found the thread in a place I had already looked at least twice.

Front velcro and webbing sewn, 1st inner pocket done and zip sewn to storm flap half of top (used existing waist band of trousers for this)

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
First three sides of the front done. I am quite happy with this as I have never done anything like it before.

Should hopefully get it finished sometime today.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
All done, quite pleased with it, just need a bit more thread to finish the binding. It will do the job intended, take a notebook, have a few small pockets and one larger section.
Approx. 20x14x4cm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE