Fir tea

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I’ve just been for my lunchtime two miles over Nercwys Mountain in North Wales, in an attempt to see my next birthday (SO unfit).

Any who, after reading all the threads, I picked a young twig from a fir tree and made some tea when I got back to the office (to warm up and to continue lunchtime in my head as far into the afternoon as I can!). It’s OKish, I can’t really place the flavour, very slightly lemony, a fraction soapy – I would say it tastes probably like tea with a little bit of citrus! In fact the more I drink the more I like it.

I know it’s difficult, but how does this match up against pine and all the others?

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
AJB said:
I’ve just been for my lunchtime two miles over Nercwys Mountain in North Wales, in an attempt to see my next birthday (SO unfit).

Any who, after reading all the threads, I picked a young twig from a fir tree and made some tea when I got back to the office (to warm up and to continue lunchtime in my head as far into the afternoon as I can!). It’s OKish, I can’t really place the flavour, very slightly lemony, a fraction soapy – I would say it tastes probably like tea with a little bit of citrus! In fact the more I drink the more I like it.

I know it’s difficult, but how does this match up against pine and all the others?

It's more a dependent of the age and condition of the needles, rather than the tree. The sprouts are nice tasting, and the older ones are somewhat bitter. Try to rinse a bit before brewing.

D

Deleted member 4605

I've tried Fir tea once last year, and Pine tea a few times recently and I prefer the Fir tea. Now I just need to find a closer source for the Fir needles!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE