finished today

NathanG

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2007
Southend On Sea
Poul strande blade and an elm wood and brass handle it was refinished and rewaxed this morning and i think its looking alright:

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

its up for grabs if anyones interested

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

the first one is made up from 01 and walnut burl , its really comfy if a bit ugly, but these two are some of the first blades i ever made, so the thing im really pleased with is that theyre hard and sharp! ive made prettier, better blades since but im still proud of these ones.

the second one is made out of an old file, i'm a bit disappointed with the handle, it sounded like it would work and it looked alright when i was cutting it out, but it just doesnt really look right, it feels comfortable and is pretty solid.

the bottom one used to be a friction folder blade from lord farquhar on BB, it never got made into a friction folder but my mate thought it would make a nice skinner so i knocked it up for him, but now hes gone veggie because of his gf! so i thought id keep it! it really comfy in the hand and i like the smooth antler.

Last edited:

NathanG

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2007
Southend On Sea
luckylee- pm replied to

Hugo, yeah, i really like it, its a nice wood to work with too and it will take a really nice lustre, another one of my favourites is walnut, im just finishing up a knife using it as a handle and its really taking a nice depth of colour, i think the hot waxing really helps the wood too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE