Ferro-Rod Up grade idea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, I thinking of fitting a GTLS (Gaseous Tritium Light Source) Bivvy/Zip pull glow in the dark key ring part into a modified Antler handle for a ferro-rod,Anyone know if this idea has been tried or done before,I did email Lightmyfire with the idea.
I've seen glow in the dark Handles and using glow in the dark Glitter/Dust,But not my idea as of yet.
cheers

Last edited:

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I don't think I've seen one where the light has been part of the handle. But I've seen plenty with the lights attached with a keyring, which works well. There also good for marking the top and bottom of a tarp, blue at the top and red at the bottom.

Tonyuk

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I tried last week but Drilled through the Plastic housing of the glow in the dark lite.I've thought of doing it for months but just haven't had the time to complete it.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Pic's added of my first go at my idea.
All I have to do is Glue it in.I picked an Orange Light.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I didn't drill all the way through the Antler handle just incase I split it,But on my next version I will so it's visable from 180 degree's/Both side's.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE