FENIX EO1 Torch ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
A mate asked me earlier to ask you all if you knew if it's possible to buy a Red Filter Lens for this model or if anyone know's how to make one?.
I've looked and there doesn't seem to be 1 available from Fenix.
Cheers

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Don't know of any.

Sofirn used to make a red AAA light, C01R. But looks as though it's been discontinued.

Making one, would require some red gel light filter (photography supplies), cutting to size and affixing to the light. Guessing a C01R would be cheaper, if can find one.

Reactions: gra_farmer

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Don't know of any.

Sofirn used to make a red AAA light, C01R. But looks as though it's been discontinued.

Making one, would require some red gel light filter (photography supplies), cutting to size and affixing to the light. Guessing a C01R would be cheaper, if can find one.
I have the red C01, not the upgrade. It is brilliant and was £6 shipped. They might have some left, email them.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don’t know of one either for the Fenix.

It is well worth seeking out a wavelength around 640-690nm for red light not to just be red filtered white light. I had about 3 of the deep red 660nm Sofirn CO1r torches and only got one left. The deep red of the 660nm led is very easy (and many say beneficial) to the eyes. Not sure it’s the same as using a colour filter over white light?

How did you get on with fitting a tube on the Photon in the end? I only ask as I found about an inch of 6mm internal diameter brass tube in the garage today. It was probably designated as a knife lanyard pin at one time but escaped.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Don't know of any.

31 pages on BLF to bore the pants off ;)

Short answer, unlikely. :D

Sofirn do listen, so never say never.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
tbh I haven't brought one of the heat shrink tube packs from a online shop that has a jungle inspired name yet.
And as for the Fenix EO1 Red filter for him I've found a broken 1 off my PD25 so I'll just give him that and he can cut out a piece to fit over the head and tape it there for now.
Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE