Fabric Supplies

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just wanted to bring your attention to this shop:-

http://www.fabrics-n-stuff.co.uk/

I recently purchased some material and bits and bobs from them , very helpful on the phone in assisting me and excellent delivery service.

One very pleased customer from a Local shop.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Spoken to Jean & Chris on a regular basis for about well over 5 years now, made many kites and other things from the fabric purchased from them, great couple to deal with and always got time to give advice.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Give them a call, sometimes they dont put the fabric on the website as they know a regular is after some, they will also hunt some down if they have not got it.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Dangerous link... good job they don't seem to sell canvas :)
You only have to ask your old mate Hugo if you want canvas Spandit mate.
Mind you I still have to see if my man still has some.
Are you thinking of making a tarp by any chance.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Yet another happy customer of them here.

Most of the gear I've made has come from fabrics they supplied.

.XII.

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Dartmoor
i've had fabrics-n-stuff (as well as several others) bookmarked since researching fabric suppliers for a project a while back - when i finally get round to re-furbishing (and learning how to use) that old Singer sewing machine i now know where to head, thanks all :D

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
would this material be water resistant as im after making a light weight tarp....:)

thanks.

chris.

I made tarp doors from that fabric and treated them with tx direct. I pitched them up high one night and one filled with a gallon of water, only to empty on my mates head when he got out of his hammock.

I wouldn't make a tarp from it though, one touch and like an old tent fly it will start dripping through. Untreated, its not water resistant at all (my batch wasnt anyway, and I think it the same batch)

Last edited:

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I made tarp doors from that fabric and treated them with tx direct. I pitched them up high one night and one filled with a gallon of water, only to empty on my mates head when he got out of his hammock.

I wouldn't make a tarp from it though, one touch and like an old tent fly it will start dripping through. Untreated, its not water resistant at all (my batch wasnt anyway, and I think it the same batch)

hhhhhhm, thanks dude, think i might try using thinner cotton and wax it to waterproof it, not the small light weight thing i was thinking of though.......:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE