Expedition Help!

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hello all,

It may well be that I am able to delay my Sandhurst entry date to the January intake 2014. This would allow me 5 or so months to travel. I never took a gap yah and an ambition of mine has always been to spend some decent time in the Jungle. So I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on whether they've done something similar and if they used a company etc. At the moment I'm looking at the Borneo expedition by Trek-Force which looks superb but I thought I'd angle from the wisdom pool we have here!

ATB,

Will

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Will,
I went on a Raleigh International Expedition before I joined up. I think most people on the trip defined it as a life changing experience, it'll certainly help get you ready for Officer Training. Raleigh was a very professional organisation and is certainly worth a look. I went to Patagonia but just looking on the site looks like most of the trips are jungle now.

http://www.raleighinternational.org/our-expeditions

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
I've done a few treks in the rainforests of southern Thailand (Khao Sok on the mainland and Khao Phra Thaeo on Phuket). Plenty of local guides willing and able to take you out for pretty much as long as you'd like. Really can't beat local knowledge. Not sure how the prices would compare to going with a company.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE