Ex sofa creation

Finished making this at 3am last night - I watched Spain exit the World Cup twice and Cameroon implode before I got to bed!
It's gone from an old leather sofa and rip-stop material from a wrecked tent to a large messenger style bag.
I prefer the bags over the shoulder if I need constant access to kit such as binoculars or water instead of rucksacks so made this with a single adjustable strap.
The mesh pockets on the outside carry water bottles and the inside is lined with waterproof rip-stop from an old tent with, again mesh pockets and brass fasteners. It's nice and big so will carry a jacket as well as stoves and food but will probably get stolen by someone in the family before then.
yqubamaj.jpg

ba3ejymu.jpg

edu5ugy8.jpg

ma9yzudu.jpg

I got some great suggestions for features to include in an outdoor shirt so am asking again for wish list features in a grab/day bag, the kind for walking around the woods or taking canoeing to hold food, water, cooking stuff and maps etc?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great work mate! Really like what you've done with that and as Shewie said a top bit of upcycling!

I've been watching the World Cup too, Spain have been awful, Netherlends good. I think the final could well be the Netherlands vs Argentina, but I would like Brazil to win if I'm honest- and with Neymar and David Luiz etc they've got a shout. Will be watching the game tonight- and I don't think England will make it last the group if I'm honest. I'm waffling now sorry :eek:.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
That is a fantastic bag. it never ceases to amaze me the level of talent on this forum the proper home grown talent it's amazing.

Sent from somewhere?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Fine work indeed.................it's really good to see well thought out projects like this made from re-cycled materials. I wish I could use shoulder bags for the access benefits you mention, but I've just never been comfortable walking with them; but that's great work :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE