Epping Forest Walkabout Sat 25th March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
After a couple of pints and a curry at the last London Pub Meet it was suggested that we have a get together in Epping Forest...

Idea is to spend the afternoon walking the woods, so opportunities for plant ID (spring is well on its way so lots of fresh shoots coming through), tracking (loads of deer / badger and foxes, and the occasional stoat to be found), gathering material for projects etc.

This is not a "led" walk, so folk are free to come along and share any knowledge they have or pick the brains (whats left after the beer and curry) of the London locals.

Meet up at the Epping Visitor Center Carpark at 12:30 on Sat 25th, and finish around dusk.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...520bae2c8632!8m2!3d51.664211!4d0.041392?hl=en

All are welcome, just post your name below so I have some idea of numbers, and don't leave anyone behind.

Those wishing to attend, please familiarise yourself with the local bylaws.

https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/thi...forest/visitor-information/Pages/byelaws.aspx

Cheers

Stewart

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
I can't make the meet but your invite brought back very fond memories from 20 odd years ago when I lived in Wanstead - just before the M11 extension was built. Didn't really enjoy working in London but Epping Forest Right on the doorstep was great for mountain biking, running and just bumbling about to unwind.

Have fun! :)

LadySmyth

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2017
UK
Yes 👍 thanks for the links too 😊 Please remind me what the nearest train station is again?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

LadySmyth

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2017
UK
After having read the extensive bye-laws, I'm still not sure if i can try out my hammock and tarp for a few hours before sunset anywhere in the forest without a license and/or permission to do so in a non-designated area??? Should i contact them or do you know Stewart? Or does anyone know?

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Ladysmyth, nearest train station is Chingford. If you can get there for about midday I will pick you up.

No problems with putting your hammock up for a couple of hours, just need to find a quiet spot.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi folks. Sorry haven't been on. Still up for it. Will meet you both at Chingford. Will text you both before to make sure still going. Hopefully see you both Saturday.

LadySmyth

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2017
UK
Sorry gents I'm not well... Have a good 'un... Look forward to accounts of your day in the forest... Hopefully, I'll join u another time... :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE