Elmax Spyderco Mule (MT13P) with Horse Chestnut Burr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Recently completed for Cultcollector. The handle is stabilised Horse Chestnut Burr with mosaic pins and red liners.

P1070849.jpg

Spyderco Mule Team 13 (Elmax)

Spyderco Mule Team 13 - Elmax

Spyderco’s thirteenth Mule Team Project installment uses Elmax steel produced by Böhler-Uddeholm Steel of Kapfenberg, Austria.

Böhler first sold steel in North America in 1925 by providing European-made steels to toolmakers, manufacturing industries and construction jobs in the U.S. Their Elmax is an alloy composed using powdered metallurgic technology that was designed specifically for high-tech applications, primarily for use in the electronics industry. It contains elevated levels of chromium, vanadium-molybdenum that deem it a well-tailored fit for making knife blades. These elements translate into resistance to wear and corrosion and it has a homogenous grain structure making it malleable when grinding and forming.

P1070850.jpg

P1070851.jpg

Seems like a long time since I've used mosaic pins. Might just be my memory though! :lol:

Sometimes I think mosaic pins can look out of place but I think they fit really well with this one.

P1070854.jpg

P1070852.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE