Electronic Cigarettes: Any users?

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
In an attempt to improve my fitness (and bank balance :rolleyes:) I decided to try out e-cigs and I'm pleased to say I haven't touched a regular ciggie for 3 weeks. I'd tried many times to quit with pretty much all the NRT on the market and good old will power, but to no avail. I realise I'm not giving up nicotine but hey its better than smoking right?

Just wondered if anyone else here is a user and what methods they employ to keep the batteries charged on extended trips?

Right now I'm thinking a 20000mah power bank in addition to the charging case I've got, any recommendations?

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
worked really well for me, not a fag since beginning of Sept. and completely off every thing for the past 2 months :) go for it and good luck :)

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
I tried a couple. Just due to the bans

Tbh the e-cigs literally made me hurl...

And ex of mine quit using the gum.... And is now addicted to that... Again thats nasty throat burning stuff lol

Hope it goes well though.

As for charging.... How about those solar battery packs on ebay. Most have a usb port on them?

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
worked really well for me, not a fag since beginning of Sept. and completely off every thing for the past 2 months :) go for it and good luck :)

Cheers Robbi, nice one for kicking nicotine altogether :D

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I tried a couple. Just due to the bans

Tbh the e-cigs literally made me hurl...

And ex of mine quit using the gum.... And is now addicted to that... Again thats nasty throat burning stuff lol

Hope it goes well though.

As for charging.... How about those solar battery packs on ebay. Most have a usb port on them?

I'd wondered about solar but not sure about their reliability in our wonderful climes....

I was thinking of getting this anyone know anything about it? Seems a bit too cheap :confused:.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
My problem with the e cigs is when I either run out of the insert things or lose the charger I revert back to real ones.

At some point I'll stop altogether, this £16 a day on fag's isn't much fun.

touched by nature

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
My problem with the e cigs is when I either run out of the insert things or lose the charger I revert back to real ones.

touched by nature

I got a model with re-fillable cartomisers so you just buy the 'juice' and you can re-fill each cart about 10 times. Cheaper still than the disposables and some interesting flavours available.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands

touched by nature

take up smoking rolling tobacco , you can smoke more then. 40 fags from rolling tobacco 8 pound.
You never give up smoking, because you never where a non smoker, just try to give up the addiction. I just couldn't go without a good cuban cigar ever again.

The electric ones are ok, just not strong enough, something not quite right. If your relying on it for your only source of nicotiene, I should take a car battery. Don't chew your tips if you get desperate, as nicoteine is a lethal poison!

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
take up smoking rolling tobacco , you can smoke more then. 40 fags from rolling tobacco 8 pound.
You never give up smoking, because you never where a non smoker, just try to give up the addiction. I just couldn't go without a good cuban cigar ever again.

The electric ones are ok, just not strong enough, something not quite right. If your relying on it for your only source of nicotiene, I should take a car battery. Don't chew your tips if you get desperate, as nicoteine is a lethal poison!

Haha I must be dead the amount of juice I've got in my mouth from overfilling :D.

You can get different strengths up to 24mg. But power is definitely an issue....

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
why is power an issue ?

I meant charging in the woods really, at best I can get 2 days worth of charge with the options I've got but I need something to keep me going on multi-day trips. I'll probably get a large capacity USB charger but most of the ones I've seen don't seem very robust.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
SWMBO uses one (10motives jobbie as opposed to whoever makes the liquid ones), lost a good number of the USB chargers :lmao: not touched a real cig in just over 2 years for her now but just can't take that final step, power-wise it manages fine on the recharging power pack for a week.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Not a great help really. 40 hand rolled in terms of lung damage are about the same as 120 ready made and if you mix in any 'herbs' which often burn hotter the damage is greater still.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE