Eastern Europe

EdS

Next year I'm hoping to get away for a 2 or 3 weeks to some sight seeing, walking and a bit of camping. I quiet fancy Eastern Europe especially places off the beaten track.

SWMNBO like beaches and I like hills.

We might take the Discovery or just hire a car there so travel is not a major issue.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
And the question is...?

I'm guessing you're after recommendations for places. Have a look at Transylvania or the Baltics.

Mike

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Here are a couple of links for you, they relate to 'long distance paths' but some of the info is relevant to drivers (photos, site-seeing etc.).

Hungary has several well supported and well marked routes, the 'Kéktúra' or 'Blue Tour' will take you from the Austrian border to the north east of the country, maps, photographs and English text may be found on this website.

Romania provides a slightly more ruffty-tuffty walking experience in the Fogaras Mountains of Erdély (Transylvania). This English language website will provide you with photographs, routes etc.

Croatia is worth a look, its gorgeous and don't forget Poland.

Plenty of choice. :D

nolightweight

Native
Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Would strongly recommend Poland; but I'm a bit biased. Depends on what you want.
The Tatra is awesome. The valley areas are mighty beautiful too. Wouldn't mind being back there myself.......

P

Psy23

Croatia is beautiful but I've no idea what it would be like to hike there..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE