East anglia area meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Congrates in the nipper mate!

And yep I'm all ears - thetford forest? Where do you have in mind?

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
ahhhh man , thetford forest :-D , grew up round there and if all goes well will be moving back to suffolk and very near the forest this year,just got to find a n outdoors job there ,also the saxon village isnt far either ,infact i could quite happily move in there. ps. congratulations to youi and your family rap

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
thetford forest sounds cool to me, i haven't been there for a while myself!

do you have any prefered areas?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
any particular stuff you would like to do?

for example:
hike?
shelter stuff
navigation?
trying out new kit?
camp out?

so we can think about a meet up what sort of stuff are you into?

i have interests in most bushcrafty stuff, (though I'm still learning).
wildlife, hiking, camping, survival techniques, lightweight/minimalist stuff.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:-?
i will only bother to set one up if there is an interest.

i for one would love to meet some of you fellow buscrafters, if you are interested send me a personal messege.

can't say fairer than that! :wink:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
If MartiniDave is close in Cambridge then I can't be that far away in Bedford but as I'm fairly new to this area I'm sorry to admit that I don't know where Thetford Forest is? :-(

When are we talking about roughly? I assume a weekend, camp Saturday night maybe Friday or just a day to kick off with?

I am interested in theory and I have been getting pangs to go camping again. It's been way too long since I did anything decent for several reasons. Keep me posted and we'll see if we can organise something.

What are the rules like in Thetford forest? Would we be able to camp + light a fire? If so that is at least half way to a good weekend.

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
OK bit of a donkey, should have done this first! Just looked on multimap and found thetford forest, just by Lakenheath. That is easy for me from Bedford.

Now I am really interested. What would everyone else be up for doing? I might be able to bring a couple more people and 4 or 5 people have replied to this already so that is a respectable number to make some plans is'nt it?

Trying not to get too excited as it's late Sunday night after a particularly boring weekend :) .

Lets see if we can't organise something.

Bill

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
the rules for thetford forest are.... :-?

no overnight camping, fires, ect ect! :shock: :-? :cry:

Im not sure how you'd feel about going anyway? how would "Bushcraft UK" see it?

i certainly have camped in thetford before, with no consequenses.

an old customer of mine used to camp on the STANTA MOD area :AR15firin :cold2: , which i would not recomend.

certainly i would like a meet up!
hope to see you soon!

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Sorry!

I'll have to cry off any get togethers for a spell, I'm short of spare time at present and there's problem brewing at work, so I'm looking for a change of employer!

Hopefully should get this sorted in the next 4-6 weeks though.

Dave

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I'm free on the 31st july/1st august weekend if anyone is interested. We could meet for a day just to make sure none of us have 2 heads :wink:

Bill

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I'll see if i can get time off,
i work for an outdoor activity center so i have to work some weekends but get most off.

hopefully you won't nickname me Zaphod Beeblebrox! :yikes: :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE