Dutch Army Bivi Bag

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Picked up a Dutch Army bivi bag, side opening. Looks to be good quality, goetex, and the side opening on the left goes nearly full length and should suit the left hand side opening on my sleeping bag and make it easy to get in and out of.

Bit confused by the velcro fastenings though, it came fastened in a straightforwards configuration and that's fine, but there seems to be a lot more velcro hook strips on the inside edge of the opening that don't look like they are meant to be used with the loop strips on the top edge of the bag, seem to be in the wrong positions for that, and lots of hook strips round the hood too.

Does anybody know if the extra fastenings were to do with another piece of kit to be used with the bag, maybe matched with a sleeping bag with corresponding strips to keep it in place or something ?

Like the wide retaining straps on the outside back of the bag to keep a mat in place, should stop me sliding off it several times a night like I usually do :)

Cheers, Paul

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
By way of update, the outlet I bought from reckons the extra hook strips are to hold in place the Dutch sleeping bag made to match the bivi bag.

Thought it worth checking that I wasn't just missing something on how to fasten it up in use !

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE