Dinner time

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
I collected these on Saturday
There were massive supplies of all but the crab apple, who lolled singly in the otherwise barren tree.

I also found the XS exped dry bag stuffed into a rose bush.
sundaydinner017.jpg

The next lot I was confident about apart from the plant bottom right. it had a pink/reddish tinge to stem and underside of leaf on the younger ones.

sundaydinner020.jpg

The bulrush was, to me, remarkably tasty. Far better than I expected quite filling and very moorish. The salad was good as well.

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
can see what you will be eatting all weekend at middlewood. now theres a bushcraft task for you this weekend, dont dring any food what so ever and just live off the land and local ponds!!!! at least if you come on your bike you wont have to carry much!!!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
depending on the water there may be trout, perch, bream, carp, roach rudd.etc.etc. some are good eating others really arent.
look up fresh water fish online.
as for rights to fish there, well you'll prolly need a licence from the local authority and they will tell you if you can eat from it.
don't eat anything from a canal Tho, anything out of a canal is liable to blink at you with 3 eyes. people use our wonderful canal systems as dumping grounds for allsorts of junk from industrial concrete blocks to cars to trolleys, people, sacks of refuse it goes on..

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
There are a few folk going to Middlewood who like me could take advantage of the waist shrinking opportunities offered by a couple of days eating only food that has been obtained by foraging or catching it themselves.:lmao:. However, on this occasion I have already obtained supplies of some lovely whoopsed organic potatoes, carrots, turnips and a nice piece of topside for the princley sum of £2.80. Yum! Yum! That should see me safely through the weekend.

The weight of the food is quite a lot considering the short duration of the trip and I definitely can see the advantages of foraging on the go, chuck in a crate of beer and a bottle of whiskey and there is a veritable car boot full of equipment with the associated weight to match.:lmao:.

I will be going on one of my bikes though and I am going to do all my cooking on a woodburning rayburn stove that I will build when I get there, from foraged materials.

See you later guys, I will be there for about 10. :drive:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE