detailed maps free download

Jan 22, 2006
uk
this looks pretty interesting if you want a good map of the area your heading out to.
i've never used it but i'd imagine if you're taking a group out it'd be helpful to know the area fairly well (if you havent got time to do a recce) and you dont want any surprises!

http://www.anquetmapserver.co.uk/home.aspx?ref=G4NE02

if the links no good just google anquet maps, there's a free d/load - probably fairly restricted but i imagine it'd give a fair idea. (i've no association with it or owt)
all the best

Jan 22, 2006
uk
i had a crack at this this morning - couldnt get anything useful out of it unfortunately (i asked for the free north of england d/load then tried to look at the first thing i recognised, alderly edge, ... it came up with some randon hill though - not even similar in name)

it does seem to offer a 3d version of whatever you look for - in fact there are lots of different options, OS version etc etc ( i didnt try very hard tho - bit busy)

i guess if you pay for it it might suddenly work pretty well!

i'll have another crack at some point - great tool if it works. bit of a step up from google maps, although i bet its not long before that is much imporoved - 3d'd etc

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Google Earth is pretty good, shows you aerial photography so you can get an idea of terrain, and also has Lat / Long and Elevation figures.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE