Delta Ground Anchor pegs for Long Aluminium Pegs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have too many of these Delta Ground Anchor tent pegs, and not enough TI/Snow pegs

I dont think you can get a more reliable peg than the delta ground anchor for high winds.
Even using just two of them with your tarp or tent will make them a lot more secure.

Want to trade a few Ti pegs, or snow pegs, for a few delta groundhog pegs?

Video clip here of Delta pegs used with Hilleberg:

http://daveswildcamping.com/?page_id=639

http://www.campingforums.org.uk/forums/equipment-reviews/25-delta-pegs.html

Last edited:

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
These any good?
20cm neon, with glow-in-the-dark tops. Pretty lightweight too. Set of 6, used once.
BB887C4A-DF97-48DC-B827-AB035022041D-2873-0000041FCF859C41.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Anyone want to trade a few Ti Pegs or snow pegs for a few Delta Ground anchor's?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
alpkit are doing their ti tikes for £17 set of 10 with free delivery.

Last month, in the Sale they were selling 10 Ti Pins for £7.50! Unfortunately, I missed it by a day!

I'll take either AndyBB. 18" would be fine. [Its only a silly question if you have neither.] Lol ;)

*My understanding is the shorter ones are better suited for compacted snow.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
For compacted snow, Id have thought that the broader-type pegs (like the ex-army alu ones) would be better than the nail type (sort of equivalent of boggy ground). For the looser stuff, I think the logic is the deeper you go, the likelier it is to hold in a breeze.

And no, I don't have any of the Kifaru ones - not at that price! If I meet those conditions I'd go for some wooden branches, as long as I could find.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
:twak::bump::stretcher:

still looking for a few TI Pins or Snow Pegs.

a few of these Delta's are handy to have in your kit.

Wont pull out even in the fiercest gales

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I hadnt seen them. Have you used them? Have you any to trade?

My new Y beam Alpkit XL pegs bent, just pegging out my new Tarp, yesterday, in the garden to seam seal it.....

Pulled the cord tight, and two bent!

I've half a mind to send them back.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Not tried them, but I may invest in some for an overseas exped next year.

I would contact Alpkit, they are a great company to deal with if you are having problems. The Ti tikes are rock solid.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have 4 ti V pegs, same as their tikes, which Ive only used a couple of times, but seem good. Was after something for hard frosty ground. The TI-Pins look ideal.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
For hard frosty ground, i would be more inclined to go with these. Thats just me though :)

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16258&category_id=253

Aye maybe...Trying to save the pennies, [and the pounds] hence the trade...

I got a trailstar from MLD a couple of days back, which arrived six weeks earlier than I expected.

I had planned to take advantage of their peg offer...

Five 9\" Easton Stakes .5oz ea for high wind and main stake points.
PLUS
Five 6.5\" .28oz ea Titanium Skewer stakes for side stake points.

for $29......

But it completely slipped my mind,

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Jolly Good. PM incoming. How do you find the ti pins? Are they nice and strong?

Great,
Well I can bend them but they are much better than ally and much lighter than steel. They are also a lot more use than the Terra Nova pins which, in most conditions, is like trying to staple a guy line to the ground. The Tikes are a really good compromise between weight, strength and a solid anchor IME.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE