Dealing with Rings

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I had a search through my jewellery box...most seems to be inherited and I dont wear it.

I have wedding rings going back to my Great Gran.

And a few other nice rings. I dont wear rings; would worry my fingers raw.

Any suggestion as to what to do with them?

Im going to probably get rid of the lighter stuff; Im a chunky person and delicate jewellery doesnt work for me.

Yesterday I got a Victorian Scottish piece, nice stones, from the pawnbroker. They asked £100 and I wouldnt budge until they threw in a light (But suitable) curb chain for it.

Now I need a box.

Theres loads of good stuff on the market and a lot is sold by weight these days...very sad.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I had a search through my jewellery box...most seems to be inherited and I dont wear it.

I have wedding rings going back to my Great Gran.

And a few other nice rings. I dont wear rings; would worry my fingers raw.

Any suggestion as to what to do with them?

Im going to probably get rid of the lighter stuff; Im a chunky person and delicate jewellery doesnt work for me.

Yesterday I got a Victorian Scottish piece, nice stones, from the pawnbroker. They asked £100 and I wouldnt budge until they threw in a light (But suitable) curb chain for it.

Now I need a box.

Theres loads of good stuff on the market and a lot is sold by weight these days...very sad.

You could find a local reputable jeweller , ask for a price and get them professionally assayed. Depends if you think they may have worth and what your end goal is.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Tengu would need to venture through the ruined ash lands, passing scorched remains of civilisations long corrupted by evil, and there, amongst smouldering pits full of damned souls, may she cast the ring to flame.

Then again, I don’t think she’s that close to Hull so maybe she could try somewhere else.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, my legs not up to it yet.

Nor am I going to use B Baggins advice on wearing. Not suitable for rings with stones really.

Though most of them dont have stones.

(Gran and Great Gran went for emeralds, interestingly.)

(Never been to Hull though I have heard they have a nice bridge and museum...)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE