Damn I Love Somerset

Nice little bimble 'round Westhay (SWT) and Ham Wall (RSPB) down on the Somerset Levels yesterday. LOTS of water!

Did get to see: Cetti's Warbler, 2 Marsh Harriers, 2 Bitterns a Great White Heron and heard a couple of Water Rails amongst the usual suspects like King o' fishers and squadrons of snipe.

Just sharing my love of this wonderful part of the World...........hc

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Nice little bimble 'round Westhay (SWT) and Ham Wall (RSPB) down on the Somerset Levels yesterday. LOTS of water!

Did get to see: Cetti's Warbler, 2 Marsh Harriers, 2 Bitterns a Great White Heron and heard a couple of Water Rails amongst the usual suspects like King o' fishers and squadrons of snipe.

Just sharing my love of this wonderful part of the World...........hc

We were at westhay on Tuesday. Could only get into the car park as we have a 4x4. How is it now?

We were at westhay on Tuesday. Could only get into the car park as we have a 4x4. How is it now?

Only 4-6" deep now in the car park but the access to all the hides except Viridor is still snorkel deep.

Ham wall was nose deep in the "Just once a year Starling Brigade"! Lets just hope the RSPB staff lassood some of them into joining as members and helping with much needed conservation work. Bring back press gangs says me.................hc

Last edited:

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Well i drove past westhay on tuesday as well, but been working all week so no chance to stop
There are some terrific views of the levels floods from the glastonbury hills at the moment anyways so got a few photos in

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE